My Bay Area bucket list

We’re moving back to the UK this summer, probably leaving the Bay Area at the start of June (although plans change daily, let’s be honest). I’ve been thinking about all the things I want to do before we leave and have pulled together my Bay Area bucket list – all the things I’d like to do before we leave. Thought it might be fun to share here and to see if you guys had anything to add or any thoughts about where to do some of the things on the list.

So with no further ado…

Run lots of trails – who’s in for these adventures?

• Forest of Nisene Marks
  • Sanborn Park
  • Mission Peak
  • Coastal Trail on Tam
  • Up Tam one last time
mt tam me jen kate
My last/only Tam summit

SUP and kayak somewhere fun – any bright ideas? Must be easy!

Do a bit more bouldering

Do archery one more time

me archery
Training, in case I am the Mockingjay

Do a fancy spin class – Soul Cycle or Flywheel

Do a  Camper Van weekend – anyone got one I can borrow?

Camp on Angel Island – who’s in?

Angel Island

Go Nordic Skiing

Go snow-shoeing

Hawaii!!

Cycle tour along the 1 in Marin

Go to Truckee twice!

truckee
My favourite town in the whole of California

Wilderness Backpacking overnight – anyone fancy this?

Go to Shane Company and see if I really do have a friend in the diamond business!

Stay overnight at the West Point Inn on Tam – ladies?

Take a Zumba class – please come and laugh with at me!

zumba

What have I missed? Who’s in?

1. Tim says:

1. Point Reyes Lighthouse. Not just for the lighthouse but lean over the railing at the bottom of the steps and watch the humpbacks.
    2. Kayaking – Moss Landing (go east up the river), or SF Bay.

1…been there, but thanks. 2 – excellent idea!

2. Layla says:

Can I join you for Mt. Tam??? Pretty please? How about March 12? (I happened to ask Kristen about her schedule shortly before reading your blog post.) And I would definitely be in for the West Point Inn stay that weekend — it may not work with your schedule, of course.

1. spabalan says:

I want to go to Mt Tam with you ladies too!

Adding Sesa to the list 🙂

3. Alisyn says:

Yes on trail running, yes on Nisene! Come up to SUP board. I may have one you can borrow and we can hit the lake. Even better, run around the lake and then glide on top! Great list!

Perfect!! Checking the diary.

4. Rachel says:

A fantastic list. Wilderness backpacking overnight sounds amazing! If terrifying! Hawaii sounds like the bestest plan ever. If you don’t manage the zumba before you leave, fear not, a class will be near you where ever you move in the uk, literally you can’t move for them, even the Outer Hebrides zumba. I’ll go with you! Please note I have never zumba’d, buyer beware. X

Yes, Zumba is low on the list for that reason but it should be an easy win!

5. gracechua31 says:

*sigh* such gorgeous trails! I’d be up for trail running and camping and even Zumba, but alas, I can’t just pick up and fly across the country to do it with you. (You’ll have to get the Dude into fell running when you get home, by the way…sounds like he’ll be quite the athlete.)

We will see. Try and persuade Mr Chua to come on another SF conference!