I feel like I am the only person who didn’t have any amazing running adventures this weekend. My Instagram feed was full of Big Sur triumphs (nice work, Jen) or other goal races or amazing trail running shots!
For the moment, with the Husband’s Ironman training increasing taking over our weekends, my running will mainly be during the week and I’ll be hanging out with the Dude over the weekend whilst the Husband trains. It’s only for a few more months, but I can’t deny I hankered a little for a weekend adventure. My one weekend run was unremarkable – six miles in the sunshine (and headwind) around my neighborhood. It still felt really good to be running.
So in the absence of any exciting running stuff to tell you, I thought I’d do a ‘Currently’ post in the hope you guys can inspire me with other things to read, see and do!!
- I’m currently reading ‘The Omnivore’s Dilemma‘ by Michael Pollan, which Jen kindly passed on to me. I rarely read this kind of science-based non-fiction so it’s good, brain-expanding stuff for me. It’s also been utterly eye-opening about the problems of the farming industry and also the reality of that enticing ‘Organic’ label on many foods. My attitude towards food is changing with every page.
- Before that, I read a wonderful Icelandic novel called ‘Butterflies in November‘ by Audur Ava Olafsdottir, which my most literary friend gave me for my birthday. I loved it.
- GAME OF THRONES, BABY!!!! Oh my word, I love this programme. I really do. I love Tyrion and Cersei and the dragons.
- This weekend, we watched The Wolf of Wall Street. It was three hours long but it went really fast! Great entertainment!
Looking forward to…
- Going back to the UK for a few weeks in June and seeing my family.
- Going to Canada in July for the Husband’s Ironman!
- My current favourite running songs are both oldies by Robyn – Dancing on my Own and Indestructible. They are CRACKING running tunes!!! I find it hard to get enthusiastic about music really, which is odd because I spent my childhood playing instruments. Nowadays it’s just in-the-car stuff and suitable for small ears.
- Talking of small ears, the girls at pre-school finally got to my son and he came home singing ‘Let it go‘. And once that’s in your head, it NEVER. GETS. OUT!
- Ice-Cream. Every Tuesday, the Dude and I go on an outing. In the morning, we go to a museum and I try to teach him a little about art or whatever we’re seeing. As a reward, we then go for ice-cream – we’re checking out the best independent ice-cream places in the Bay Area. Our current favourite is Smitten in Hayes Valley. It was like eating heaven!
- This Winter Spice Vegetable Soup is the best soup I’ve made all year. Make it now, even though it’s not winter.
- This weekend, I got into Farmville. I have always turned up my nose at Farmville players but oh my word, I got addicted. My ‘Omnivore’s Dilemma’ reading definitely got to me…I’ve been feeling quite guilty about my lack of crop rotation and intensive cow farming! As of this morning though, I am quitting cold turkey!