Tahoe!

We’re back from a lovely four-day break at Lake Tahoe! I’d planned a little Thanksgiving post but our otherwise perfect cabin had very limited wi-fi, so I spent most of the time offline which was weird but ultimately good! But you know what I’m thankful for…my family, my health, running, the beauty of Tahoe and you lovely lot who read my blog.

It also appears, from catching up on Twitter, that I’m the only running blogger who didn’t run a Turkey Trot. That will be because I’ve not been running due to the ankle. It is healing well but I didn’t want to risk it on Thursday. I TRIED to go for a short run on Saturday morning but woke up to a deep, deep frost and decided it wasn’t worth the risk of slipping.

Amazing frost-crystals!
Amazing frost-crystals!

We did however pack in some lovely, short hikes whilst we were up in the mountains. There’s no pain when I walk and I tried VERY carefully jogging some of the downhills, and yay…no pain.

From the Tahoe Rim Trail
From the Tahoe Rim Trail
A frosty morning
A frosty morning
IMG_1230
Gingerly jogging along after my mini-trail runner
On top of the world!
IMG_1143
Bear prints?

Tahoe is at 6,000 ft…about a mile from sea-level and the elevation effects are noticeable! Everything was much harder work, although the Dude didn’t notice anything. I wonder if elevation effects only kick in at a certain age? Anyway, the Husband has discounted Tahoe from his dreams of an Ironman in 2014.

And when we weren’t hiking…

The Dude's first attempt to skate!
The Dude’s first attempt to skate!
IMG_1132
Thanksgiving Dinner!
IMG_1246
We played a LOT of mini-golf and someone is getting good!
IMG_1190
Always easy humour – Tahoe Area Regional Transport.

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving and crushed your Turkey Trots!

Looks lovely! I didn’t run a turkey trot either, if that makes you feel any better. Glad your ankle seems to be on the mend!

Felt much stronger today, thanks!

2. Juli Bronzini says:

Looks like a great trip! I didn’t do a Turkey Trot either, so yay for that!

Yay…we’re a little sub-culture!!

3. So I’m guessing here that “tart” is something unsavory in the UK. ??? And smart move not running around on rugged trails with a bum ankle. Hope it feels better soon. I hate taking breaks because I have to. I only appreciate them when I’m being totally lazy and eating pounds of junk food in unison with my laziness.

‘Tart’ is a lady of loose morals. Which is why I giggled. The Foothill Area Regional Transport bus made me laugh much more though 🙂 Went for a little 2 miler today – no ankle pain. Felt rough (unfit) but SOOOO nice to be running again.

4. BT says:

Glad you’re healing nicely. I thought of you last night as I watched the movie “An Education” — between the British Accents, the French, and the sweet-natured main character, I had to think of you.

Looks like so much fun! I thought Idaho was the location of choice for Ironman- instead scouting locations? This seems smart:)

Idaho is def first choice but we were thinking Tahoe as a back-up. But def too elevated!