I’m in a bit of a running lull at the moment. It’s the same after most big races, but this time, I don’t have any half-marathons planned – so I don’t even have anything to work towards. My in-laws are here for a few more days and I’m just taking the opportunity to run for fun. It’s rather nice, actually, but not particularly exciting for you all to read about!
I do have a few races on the calendar…a 5k this weekend which I’m probably going to have to run with the stroller; a 10k in November which I am really excited about and another 10k in December, this time a trail race in Huddart Park with Jen and my friend Agnes! There’s a lot to be excited about. So in the meantime, until my running mojo is reignited, this is what I’m currently….
- I’ve just finished ‘The Lost Daughter’ by Elena Ferrante. It was excellent, if quite desolate. We hear so much about the joys of motherhood, this novel deals with maternal ambivalence. Not particularly comfortable reading.
- If you need reading inspiration, check out this blog of a girl who spent the year reading international literature. Her Reading List is incredible.
- I’m newly subscribed to TrailRunner Magazine. Whilst I’m frustrated at how ad-heavy it is, just the photographs send me into trail bliss!
- On Sunday, the Husband and I went to see ‘Pulling Strings’, a fairly dreadful but unexpectedly charming rom-com about an uptight embassy worker and a Mexican mariachi singer.
- We just finished watching ‘The New Girl’ which was lovely (with the best screen kiss EVER) and are also enjoying series 4 of ‘Downton Abbey’ and ‘Scandal’, which is preposterous but has nice clothes.
- The second Hunger Games movie in Nov 22nd. I’m officially too old but I’m excited anyway!
- Our getaway to Tahoe for Thanksgiving.
- Halloween…the Dude is dressing up as cheese. Swiss Cheese. I kid you not.
- SOUP season, which is kicking off right now.
- Already horribly excited about the new series of Game of Thrones which comes out in March. March, I know. I have it bad.
- I’m really enjoying the Marathon Talk podcasts that Jen put me onto!
As you can see, I am desperately in need of new stuff to listen to. Help a girl out.
- This Black Bean and Quinoa Soup from the PPK.
- Kale Waldorf Salad, SOOOO good.
- Millet Muffins, a fantastic breakfast-on-the-go option! Even my non-wholefood-eating in-laws scoffed them down.
- Salty Running – a great resource for runner girls.
- Eagle Cam is incredible!!! Check out video one and video two.
- Cabin P*rn – the most wonderful collection of photos of cabins! Makes me long to be in the mountains. (Totally safe, despite the name).
Okay, your turn! Rereading the above, I’m slightly mortified at how out of date and how unintellectual I am at the moment. Inspire me 🙂