Running Camp

When Bean was here, last week, and we were having SO much fun being Runner Girls together, we started imagining a Running Camp. A whole week of run geekery! How much fun would that be??

So indulge me for a few minutes. It may be Monday morning but put your pens down for a moment, drink some tea and just imagine.. if we all managed to ditch our jobs, partners, pets and progeny for a week, this is what it would look like!

Who? Β Runner Girls we know and love. No speed/distance requirements, just lovers of running. Basically, YOU!

Where? Bay Area. Ideally all staying in the same place!

When? Heaven only knows.

What would we do?

Each day, we’d organise trail runs with routes from 3 miles to 10, dependent on how we all felt. We’d probably break into a few groups, but no-one would run alone!

Monday:

• Morning trail run in Huddart Park.
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out RoadRunner Sports, San Carlos
  • Cross Training – Yoga
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Spirit of the Marathon’

Huddart Trails

Tuesday:

• Morning trail run in Marin Headlands
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out Sports Basement, San Francisco
  • Cross Training – Little Yellow Go Cars in SF
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Run, Fat Boy, Run’.

Marin Headlands

Wednesday:Β

• Morning trail run on San Bruno Mountain
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out A Runner’s Mind, Burlingame
  • Cross Training – Bike Ride along the Bay
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Western States 100’ movie
bruno
Source

Thursday

• Morning trail run on Mount Tamalpais
  • Cake, showers, lunch
  • Check out San Francisco Running Company, Mill Valley
  • Cross Training – Stand-Up Paddle-boarding
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Spirit of the Marathon 2’.
Hopefully there won't be cloud this time
Hopefully there won’t be cloud this time

Friday

• Morning trail run in the East Bay.
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out local running store, tbc.
  • Cross Training – Easy Hike.
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Chariots of Fire’.

Chabot

Saturday

• Easy morning trail run in Pacifica
  • Cake, showers, lunch
  • Check out local running store, tbc.
  • Cross Training – Chilling by the pool, hot-tub.
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch running movie TBC.
Source
Source

Sunday

• RACE DAY!! Find a local race we can all do, whether we try to win or just run for fun!
  • Lunch
  • Run Camp participants go home.

How much fun would this be? We should make it happen next year! Who’s in?

Okay, back to the real world. Happy Monday, everyone.

1. Brianna says:

I love this idea! It’s like a run stay-cation. I would definitely sign up! How about a day or two on the roads for us (predominantly) road runner girls :-)?

We can tweak it for the girls who sign up!! You could plan and lead the Pacifica run πŸ™‚ Perfect!!!

Sign me up!!!! I love this plan more everyday!

Yup yup yup. When does D go away next?? Book those flights. x

3. Nic J says:

Sign me up especially for bullet 2 of each section… πŸ™‚

Okay…let’s get you and Keith over here. We can work the dates around you. No pressure or anything πŸ™‚

4. Juli Bronzini says:

Sounds so AWESOME! Trails, cake and movies(: Triple threat of favorites! At the very least, we should be able to do a Runner Girl weekend somewhere!

Yeah…a weekend is very definitely on the cards in early 2014 maybe????

5. Kristen says:

I love that every day involves cake and shopping too. πŸ™‚ I bet we might be able to pull together a runners weekend.

I’m thinking that a weekend should be really easy to put together!!! I’m excited that people are up for it.

6. I’m in!! I wish I didn’t live all the way across the country because I would sign up and be there tomorrow!

Yay…we could give you loads of warning so you can book cheap flights. I’m so excited that people think this is a good idea!

This sounds fun! A 3-day weekend would work better for me than a full week, but I’d definitely be interested. I could be your East Bay representative. πŸ™‚

I was hoping you’d volunteer to represent the East Bay! Okay…we could def do a weekend! We need to start thinking about dates in early 2014! Stay posted.

Okay, but we are *not* inviting purple shirt Julie from Spirit of the Marathon 2. She cray.

Okay, no crazy people allowed πŸ™‚

9. Agnes Brady says:

I’m in too!!!! I loved this post, you are cracking me up, Cat! Seriously, I’m willing to do crazy stuff for husband for a long weekend like this. Ok, a weeklong adventure would be the real deal, but yes, we can’t just ditch jobs, partners, and especially the progeny….:) LOL!! But it’s great daydreaming. Chariots of fire is one of my all-time faves, how did you know??? :)) Need to rewatch.

You know, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it!! Ok, I think a weekend is on the cards, loads of people like the idea!!!

10. Cheryl says:

I’m late to the party but this sounds amazing! (Not just for the cake, but I do love cake.) Also I wanted to report I had an amazing time at my first trail race this weekend. Thanks again for writing that post with all the tips, it was super-helpful!

You’re never too late for cake or Running Camp! I think this is a definite go-er! SOOOO glad you had such a good race and so glad my tips helped! What race did you do? How did it go??

11. Cheryl says:

It was the “Honey Badger Half” put on by Sasquatch Racing in San Rafael. The course was a little short (12.5 miles I think) and very hilly but it was super-fun. I came in pretty square in the middle — about 10 min over my usual half time, which made sense given the hills and the shorter length. Also at the finish they handed out medals AND giant cookies! So, that ruled…haha

One of my friends ran that race and runs with the training group, she said the course was tough, so well done!! love the idea of a giant cookie πŸ˜‰ that would make me run faster!