Running Camp

When Bean was here, last week, and we were having SO much fun being Runner Girls together, we started imagining a Running Camp. A whole week of run geekery! How much fun would that be??

So indulge me for a few minutes. It may be Monday morning but put your pens down for a moment, drink some tea and just imagine.. if we all managed to ditch our jobs, partners, pets and progeny for a week, this is what it would look like!

Who? Β Runner Girls we know and love. No speed/distance requirements, just lovers of running. Basically, YOU!

Where? Bay Area. Ideally all staying in the same place!

When? Heaven only knows.

What would we do?

Each day, we’d organise trail runs with routes from 3 miles to 10, dependent on how we all felt. We’d probably break into a few groups, but no-one would run alone!

Monday:

• Morning trail run in Huddart Park.
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out RoadRunner Sports, San Carlos
  • Cross Training – Yoga
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Spirit of the Marathon’

Huddart Trails

Tuesday:

• Morning trail run in Marin Headlands
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out Sports Basement, San Francisco
  • Cross Training – Little Yellow Go Cars in SF
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Run, Fat Boy, Run’.

Marin Headlands

Wednesday:Β

• Morning trail run on San Bruno Mountain
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out A Runner’s Mind, Burlingame
  • Cross Training – Bike Ride along the Bay
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Western States 100’ movie

Thursday

• Morning trail run on Mount Tamalpais
  • Cake, showers, lunch
  • Check out San Francisco Running Company, Mill Valley
  • Cross Training – Stand-Up Paddle-boarding
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Spirit of the Marathon 2’.
Hopefully there won't be cloud this time

Hopefully there won’t be cloud this time

Friday

• Morning trail run in the East Bay.
  • Cake, showers, lunch.
  • Check out local running store, tbc.
  • Cross Training – Easy Hike.
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch ‘Chariots of Fire’.

Chabot

Saturday

• Easy morning trail run in Pacifica
  • Cake, showers, lunch
  • Check out local running store, tbc.
  • Cross Training – Chilling by the pool, hot-tub.
  • Dinner, foam-rolling, watch running movie TBC.

Sunday

• RACE DAY!! Find a local race we can all do, whether we try to win or just run for fun!
  • Lunch
  • Run Camp participants go home.

How much fun would this be? We should make it happen next year! Who’s in?

Okay, back to the real world. Happy Monday, everyone.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Running Camp

1. Brianna says:

I love this idea! It’s like a run stay-cation. I would definitely sign up! How about a day or two on the roads for us (predominantly) road runner girls :-)?

Sign me up!!!! I love this plan more everyday!

3. Nic J says:

Sign me up especially for bullet 2 of each section… πŸ™‚

4. Juli Bronzini says:

Sounds so AWESOME! Trails, cake and movies(: Triple threat of favorites! At the very least, we should be able to do a Runner Girl weekend somewhere!

5. Kristen says:

I love that every day involves cake and shopping too. πŸ™‚ I bet we might be able to pull together a runners weekend.

6. I’m in!! I wish I didn’t live all the way across the country because I would sign up and be there tomorrow!

This sounds fun! A 3-day weekend would work better for me than a full week, but I’d definitely be interested. I could be your East Bay representative. πŸ™‚

I was hoping you’d volunteer to represent the East Bay! Okay…we could def do a weekend! We need to start thinking about dates in early 2014! Stay posted.

Okay, but we are *not* inviting purple shirt Julie from Spirit of the Marathon 2. She cray.

9. Agnes Brady says:

I’m in too!!!! I loved this post, you are cracking me up, Cat! Seriously, I’m willing to do crazy stuff for husband for a long weekend like this. Ok, a weeklong adventure would be the real deal, but yes, we can’t just ditch jobs, partners, and especially the progeny….:) LOL!! But it’s great daydreaming. Chariots of fire is one of my all-time faves, how did you know??? :)) Need to rewatch.

10. Cheryl says:

I’m late to the party but this sounds amazing! (Not just for the cake, but I do love cake.) Also I wanted to report I had an amazing time at my first trail race this weekend. Thanks again for writing that post with all the tips, it was super-helpful!

You’re never too late for cake or Running Camp! I think this is a definite go-er! SOOOO glad you had such a good race and so glad my tips helped! What race did you do? How did it go??

11. Cheryl says:

It was the “Honey Badger Half” put on by Sasquatch Racing in San Rafael. The course was a little short (12.5 miles I think) and very hilly but it was super-fun. I came in pretty square in the middle — about 10 min over my usual half time, which made sense given the hills and the shorter length. Also at the finish they handed out medals AND giant cookies! So, that ruled…haha

One of my friends ran that race and runs with the training group, she said the course was tough, so well done!! love the idea of a giant cookie πŸ˜‰ that would make me run faster!