The World Premiere of our AMR Ragnar application!

on

So much excitement today. Because I have just pressed send on an email to the ladies from Another Mother Runner with our Ragnar team application on it. Juli and I worked our socks off getting it ready and then on Wednesday night, fuelled with cupcakes and pinot noir, we roped our lovely friend Alison (more technologically gifted than us) into glamming it up. Bless her, she worked far harder than we had anticipated…but we are seriously happy with the result. I’m besotted with it!

Would you like to see it?

Here you go!! Click here:

Feel very free to like it or write glowing comments on Youtube so that it looks like we’re popular!! We find out on June 10th.

In other exciting news…

1) The pink Long Rogas arrived. They are a little purplier than anticipated but I do not believe they make my legs look like sausages, so I am keeping them. It turns out that pink shorts make selecting your running outfit considerably more complicated than black ones.

2) On Thursday, I did another tempo workout – it’s become known as my ‘Baby or Warrior?’ workout and yes, (with Page’s approval) I am getting the slogan put on the back of my race top for San Francisco!   I ran 2 x (1m normal, 2m fast). It felt less murderous than last time. I was really happy with my splits actually. 9.01, 8.22, 8.20, 8.53, 8.16.8.13.  10k in 51.53 at an 8.31 pace.

I feel like it might be time to sign up for a 10k. I smell a new PR!

3) And best of all, on Saturday,  I have the morning off and I am trail-running with Jen! Seriously super-excited. The pink rogas are being inaugurated and Jen has promised to bring cupcakes for afterwards.

It’s a holiday weekend both here and in the UK so Happy Bank Holiday, UK peeps and Happy Memorial Day Weekend, US peeps. Have a great one!

I like everything about this post! 1. Good luck with the Ragnar entry – I’ll head over to youtube to like it. 2. Great run on Thursday – you are getting SO fast!! 3. Saturday morning is HERE! See you soon!!! 🙂

That is an amazing application. You all did a fantastic job! I hope you get selected! Great job on the speedwork!

Thanks so much!!! I keep watching it – a little narcissistic.

3. Good luck with your Ragnar application! You both seem like awesome ladies and whatever team you could be on would be very lucky to have you!

Thanks for such a lovely comment!! I really hope we get in!

4. AleksRuns says:

Fantastic application video!!! I hope you win!

Thank you! So do we!!

Thank you! Me too!

5. Kristen says:

I love your video – I would pick you!! As mentioned above, you are getting speedy girl. I think it it from all that bad ass stroller pushing on the trails!

Thank you! I just need to somehow maintain that pace for another 7 miles. Hmm….

6. Wonderful video! Good luck, I hope they pick you. I totally need a running friend who brings the cupcakes! 🙂

Yeah, I lucked out with the cupcakes! And thanks for the comments ref the video. I really hope we win!