A week in my Brooks – January 18th

Following on from Wednesday’s Bucket List post, if you have any recommendations of races I could do near you then let me know and I’m adding them to the original post so I don’t forget!!

Anyway, I’m home! Tucked up at home with my lovely parents, in a snowy, icy, frozen England. It was a bit of luck that our plane could land, it is so lovely to be here!

To wrap up the week, I did some running!

Sunday: 9 miles.

My long run, which started badly but got better. This run included my first big hill of the year, and tell you what…the next day, my calves and my quads were agony. I’d forgotten all about that.

Wednesday: 4 mile stroller run

You may have guessed that I procrastinated my way out of my Tuesday run. I always feel rubbish when I do that. Today, my friend came over and we ran 4 miles. She is notching up her mileage bit by bit, it’s really exciting. I’m working on signing her up for a 10k. Four easy miles and the opportunity for me to natter on whilst running!

Thursday: 5 miles

Our plane left this afternoon…and I needed some miles out my system first. So five cold miles at 7am, churned out as quick as possible (watch-free so no idea of my time) and then home where my lovely husband had made scrambled egg on toast…and a little bit of family time!!

And that was it. So far, the new shoes are suiting me. My feet got a little numb on Sunday’s long run, but that run wasn’t exactly great. But now we’re in the UK, the snow is falling…it’s time for some Winter running.

1. Madeleine says:

Welcome home! And welcome to the snow. Contemplating my long run tomorrow morning in the snow, but will it be too icy?? Lovely day sledging with the kids and a nice pub lunch 🙂

Thanks. It’s SO nice to be home and wow, Wiltshire looks beautiful in the snow. I’m wondering about ice as well – let’s see what we can do!! See you soon.

3. You are brave to go out in the snow. I am finding myself at the gym a little more often because it has finally gotten really cold and snowy in New England. Enjoy your time at home.

I have to admit, I have yet to run in the snow…it’s quite icy looking and I’m a chicken!!! I def think that if I lived anywhere properly wintry I’d be investing in a treadmill!!

4. How great to be home! Is your family with you, or did you fly solo? For my first winter (snow) run of the year, I wimped out and went treadmill. But our coach cancelled speedwork because of the road conditions, so I felt one ounce justified. Although I was pretty sure I could make it if I really wanted to. They are dramatic about road conditions in Alabama.

It is lovely to be home. It’s just me and the Dude, the Husband is on cat-feeding duty 🙂 I’m trying to find a treadmill here, the snow is crazy!!

Yay for your trip home! And love the new header to go along with your travels — very cute. 🙂 I hope you have a terrific visit.

I’d keep an eye on the numb toes — could be a bad sign. Maybe thinner socks will do the trick?

Yeah, I’ll keep an eye on those numb feet! I seem to remember it happening with my Nikes but I can’t be sure! Too much snow to run here at the moment, it turns out that I’m a chicken!!

Ha! I don’t blame you. I’d be scared to death about running in the snow.