Happy New Year! Don’t you love the first few days of the new year? No screw-ups. Nothing blotting your copy-book. All resolutions on track for success. I love that feeling.
This isn’t ground-breaking journalism but I wanted to talk about my resolutions for 2013. I LOVE New Year Resolutions. I love them so much. I always make about 20, trying to seize the moment to improve myself! I’ve already talked about the races I want to run in 2013. I’m sure I won’t run the entire list, I’m sure it will change. But I’ve also set myself some targets for 2013 that I would like to hit.
* 4 Half Marathons inc one trail half.
* PR at the Half Marathon – Under 1.55 (current PR 1.55.34).
This may not look like much of a stretch but I’m a little unconvinced that Healdsburg wasn’t an utter fluke and won’t ever be repeated.
* 10k – Under 53 mins (current PR totally forgotten but something like 58 mins although I now run much faster during training runs).
* 5k – Under 25 mins (current PR also forgotten but something like 29 mins although again, I now run faster).
Update: Wait till tomorrow’s post…2013 started with a new PR at the 5k 🙂
* Do a Relay. I would LOVE to do one. Fancy doing one with me? So-Cal Ragnar in April? Or Napa Ragnar in September? I’ll be the token slow girl. Plenty of wine at the end.
* Get some local running friends. Are you local? Fancy being my running friend??
* Do at least 6 trail runs.
I’m also making several non-running resolutions. Some are personal and not for blogging but others are bloggable. They are:
* Do 6 Yoga classes. Maybe I’ll be able to touch my toes by the end of 2013.
* Do 6 Zumba classes. Maybe this is the year I’ll find my groove.
* Try one new recipe every week. Your recommendations please? Link away.
* Go on a cycling tour of at least four nights away. We used to do SO much cycle-touring and we loved it so much. And then along came baby. It’s time to bring Touring back!
* Read 6 novels. Recommendations please? Good stuff please.
* Watch 6 foreign films. Recommendations?
* Go camping at least 4 times. We love camping and we only managed once in 2012.
Okay…those are my resolutions. What are yours?? Which ones are you most excited about.