So much to be grateful for.
The Dude’s Christmas bike is in the building. Christmas is ready to go, and we are so excited about his face on Tuesday morning.
I slept through the night. Bliss. Utter joy in the morning.
I went for a run. Bliss. Utter joy…for two miles. Mild joy for mile three. Fairly grim for mile four. Not feeling at all festive on mile four-and-a-bit. But surprisingly 4.5 miles done in 40.42 at a 8.59 pace which is unbelievably good for a girl who hasn’t run for 10 days and spent that period eating chocolate on the sofa. It was LOVELY to run again – I was SO happy. I ran past the lagoon in our town, sparkling in the winter sunshine, as one of my favorite songs blasted on the iPhone and I was SO happy.
So, to give a little back, here is my current Christmas running playlist. It’s not a playlist to make you run fast…there is some very slow, gentle, mellow stuff on there as well as some chirpier stuff. But it makes me feel so Christmassy and so happy!
Now there are 3 songs in italics and I’ve linked them to youtube videos. These are BIG Christmas songs in the UK and I’m not sure if they made it over here. They are some of my favourite Christmas songs and I wanted to share!!!
- All I want for Christmas is YOU Mariah Carey
- Silent Night The Lower Lights
- Jingle Bells Ella Fitzgerald
- Winter Wonderland Diana Krall
- Fairytale of New York The Pogues & Kirsty McCall
- Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer Ella Fitzgerald
- Hark the Herald Bluegrass Christmas album
- I wish it could be Christmas every day Wizzard
- Oh come all ye faithful The Lower Lights
- Jingle bell rock Glee cast
- Merry Christmas everybody Slade
- Overture: The Nutcracker Tchaikovsky
- Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow Ella Fitzgerald
- Sleigh Ride Phil Spector
I’m feeling so very Christmassy right now! I blame the endorphins 😉