This week, I’ve been preparing for this week’s half marathon. Tomorrow I’ll talk about the running – today it’s all about one of the much more entertaining aspects of racing…the playlist.
Again, I make no excuses for my musical taste. Don’t come to me for cutting edge musical recommendations. Come to me for music you might enjoy. It’s all a bit random. I’d say ‘eclectic’ but that implies a sophistication that I know my musical taste doesn’t have. I’ve nicked a couple of recommendations (thanks Yo Momma) and I’ve been playing this list all week and I ADORE it! So…enjoy.
So, in a very particular order, this is what’s going to get me sub-two on Sunday.
- Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Green Day.
- Top Gun (Anthem) Soundtrack
- Three Lions Baddiel & Skinner
- You belong with me Taylor Swift
- Danger Zone Kenny Loggins (Still buzzing from Sunday)
- Before he cheats Carrie Underwood
- Take on me A-Ha
- Barcelona Freddie Mercury & Monserrat Caballe
- Gasolina Reggaeton
- Moves like Jagger Maroon 5
- Amazing Love Run the Race
- Dies Irae: Mozart’s Reqiuem Therion (check out the remix, it’s AMAZING)
- Mighty to save Run the Race
- Do you hear the people sing? Les Miserables soundtrack
- Seven Nation Army The White Stripes
- Nothing’s gonna stop us now Starship
- Uprising Muse
- Fighter Christina Aguilera
- Bad Romance Lady Gaga
- Resistance Muse
- Lights Ellie Goulding
- I gotta feeling Black Eyed Peas
- Womanizer Britney
- Feeling Good Muse
- Some Nights Fun
- Hung Up Madonna
- Call me maybe Carly Rae Jepson
- Single Ladies Beyonce
- Don’t stop the music Rihanna
- Lose my breath Destiny’s Child
- Lose Yourself Eminem
- Right here, right now Fat Boy Slim
If you’re American, you may not know ‘Three Lions’ – it’s the song that gets the UK pumped up and confident that we’re going to win the football/soccer World Cup. Clearly it’s not that successful. But it does make me incredibly happy and energised!!
So that’s it. 2.1 hours of awesome music – I am SO excited about the music at least. I may not PR on Sunday but I’m going to rock the race, at least!!